Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back From a Preseason Trip to Brazil


Sorry for the long time between posts but I have a good excuse. I was with my college soccer team on a preseason training trip in Brazil. We played four games against Brazilian developmental clubs and went to two professional matches. All in all, it was an eye-opening experience that showed me why the Brazilians are head and shoulders above the rest of the soccer world and gave me a feel for South American soccer that's impossible to find on a couch watching Fox Soccer Channel. I'm currently getting my life back together but I'll be back to blogging tomorrow with an inside perspective of Brazil's fervent soccer culture and how U.S. Soccer could profit from its close proximity to South America's soccer hotbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home